Monday Mugshots Collaboration June 30th

Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
 Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 07.01 
PROMPT: Put your feet up.
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with your feet in the background in your favorite place to stop and take a moment to relax.
BOOKERS: Make some "cup rings" on your page... Use actual coffee, tea, or even PAINT to make your rings. click here to USE THIS PIN for inspiration
RACHEL
My favorite place to sit and put my feet up, is the steps outside our front door...

GLENDA
I had fun making this art journal page using a stamp I own that looks like a couple coffee cup rings! This one is only a one page journal page because it's the very first page in my new art journal and I figured I couldn't leave it blank!
LINDA
I wanted to keep this page very 'clean' and use few colors. I love how it turned out. I've used tea to make the marks on the paper. Some sportstape on the edge.
LIZZIE
Nothing beats chilling out after running errands all day with a little pick me up with my favorite cuppa.  Just a few mins on my big comfy couch to recharge and I'm off to go again. 
 
Now it's YOUR TURN!! Share your links in the comments below!
The rules

  1. Use all or just part of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. This one was fun! Used water color pencils, but because of another challenge, also used tea.

    http://portergandg.blogspot.com/2013/07/pinterest-and-challenge-blogs-combine.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to show you this amazing compilation by an art journalist who loves coffee cups.
    http://traceyfletcherking.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/the-sinus-blighted-cuppa.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got another challenge done-life is too busy!!!
    http://karenbearse.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-year-art-journal-page.html
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the cup rings with distress ink.
    In the rings I journaled about that at home I always drink a cup op coffee behind my computer and that is not a place to put my feet up :-)
    When the weather is nice in a weekend (not so often as I live in Belgium) we take our bikes and go for a nice tour and also do some geocaching.
    Than it is very nice to stop at a terrace, drink a cup of coffee and give your feet some rest.
    I took the picture last weekend and I cut it into pieces so they would fit into the cup rings.

    http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/07/put-your-feet-up.html

    Greeting from Jolande

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts